Post 4 – Further resources
- Post 1: Intro to Matlab and SPM scripting
- Post 2: Basic Matlab and SPM12 commands
- Post 3: An fMRI analysis pipeline
- Post 4: Further resources
In this fourth and last post of the series, I share a number of useful resources for learning more about SPM12 and Matlab scripting.
SPM12 GUI use and processing steps
- The SPM12 user manual has a number of useful step-by-step tutorials explaining the use of the GUI. I recommend starting there for beginners (with the auditory task, a.k.a. “Mother of all Experiments”, being a first step).
- Justin O’Brien has a series of Youtube tutorials on SPM12 GUI use.
- Erno Hermans has a great SPM12 Starters Guide that explains the GUI steps in a more relatable way (in my experience, at least).
SPM12 and Matlab programming/scripting
- The SPM Wiki page, apart from providing useful info and links to other related resources, also links to an SPM Programming Intro and further useful How-To’s.
- The Nibabel site has some SPM use cases.
- Anything by Matthew Brett is great (as are most resources on the MRC CBU Wiki), including his:
- Akira O’Connor has a number of very useful blog posts
- Andy’s Brain Blog (with older posts here) has very useful posts and Youtube videos on many aspects of SPM12. It also includes useful tutorials using other image processing tools like FSL and AFNI.
- Tom Nichols’s blog also has great scripts and discussions.
- Cyril Pernet’s github with many useful scripts
- Bob Spunt’s github with many useful scripts